Core-Legal garbage

You have a deck under construction, but you don't know which quest would be the best, ask here!
hairpuff
Core-Legal garbage

Unread post by hairpuff » Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:55 pm

I don't know about you guys...

But I started collecting wow tcg with HoA, TdP, and FoO (some SoB)
Most of these cards can't be used in tournaments. I find that its more fun to use all of the cards when playing friendly games with friends. I wonder if some tournaments will vere away from restricting decks to "Core-Legal"
It just seems lame to me.

1. It forces you to buy cards.
2. It makes it easier for them to make new cards without worrying about referencing the first few editions.

Do pastors disregard the first 3 books of the Bible because they don't want to tie the whole Book together?
Do scientists forget about the works of Einstein & Newton because it was too far in the past?
Do coaches forego looking at strategies employed by coaches 40 years ago?
The answer to all these questions are "no".
Why should we not use the cards that started WOW TCG from the beginning?
MadPretty

Re: Core-Legal garbage

Unread post by MadPretty » Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:23 pm

It's a money making business. This is a format that started with M:TG and likely isn't going to change anytime soon. It forces tournament goers to not only buy new cards, but to devise new strategies, therefore keeping the scene nice and fresh. Also, core sets will reprint cards that are heavily favored by the community that aren't game breaking.

I would think that sometime soon they may introduce an extended or vintage format.

Edit: Also, this may be better suited for the Community forum.
raserei83

Unread post by raserei83 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:32 am

Hey man, thanks for checking out my post.

I agree with everything you said. They need to make money, and it does force people to devise new strategies.
My problem is however, there are a few cards out there that I LOVE and have build entire decks around, and they were NOT reprinted or kept in the core. It just saddens me when my deck's legacy can't go on lol. Here's a few of those cards:
MY hero: http://www.wowtcgdb.com/carddetail.aspx?id=928
http://www.wowtcgdb.com/carddetail.aspx?id=793
http://www.wowtcgdb.com/carddetail.aspx?id=625
bogycoins

Unread post by bogycoins » Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:56 pm

Not really related to the topic...just want to let you know (in case you didn't) that you can link cards on this site too :P Just click on the card name in the info part :P
dragonlord

Unread post by dragonlord » Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:02 pm

Do like me. Don't go to CORE tournament. Cryptozoic just need to do better cards so we stop play old cards and buy the new one. I will just play with friend and go to classic format. They have no respect for the passionate guys who spent thousand of dollars in the game and near stopping playing because of the CORE format. Wake-up crypto, the game is dying, its not Magic here and the old player are not dumb, many new cards you're doing are useless like a 2/1 for a cost of 1 with no abilities. Then you can get cards like these 20 times in a box. It was like that before but why not changing if you want to do a CORE format. Also I feel betrayed when some cards I don't have are reprinted and others I have are not.
raserei83

Unread post by raserei83 » Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:56 pm

Quick question about core: where can I find ruling on what sets are actually considered "core" currently? For the life of me I can't find this anywhere. One thing on topic however, I do like that DMF has a classic tourney. Should be fun. (P.S. "hairpuff" is my husband, I see he was under my login when he posted a response, in case anyone caught that)
duckwc

Unread post by duckwc » Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:42 am

raserei83 wrote:(P.S. "hairpuff" is my husband, I see he was under my login when he posted a response, in case anyone caught that)
:D Thanks for the detail, for a moment I thought I missed a post somewhere.

For the core format, let's see what it'll become...