My First Deck! Rogue

You have a deck under construction, but you don't know which quest would be the best, ask here!
Tech Wizard
My First Deck! Rogue

Unread post by Tech Wizard » Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:25 am

Well here's my first.

Hero
Overseer Savryn

Master Hero
Kel'thuzad

Abilities x 21
Victimize x 2
Deathblow x 2
Excessive Force x 3
Essence Of War x 1
Poach x 3
Close Quarters Combat x1
Disorienting Blow x1
Assassin's Game x1
Gouge x1
Crippling Poison x 2
Daze x 2
Carnage x1
Spirit Of Winterveil x1

Allies x 20
The Greench x 1
Batter Brains McGillicutty x 4
Joja 'bee x 4
Johnny Rotten x 2
Nok'tal The Savage x 3
Selin Duskrunner x 4
Tyrennius Scatheblade x 1
Watcher Mal'wi x 1

Quests x
The Vainglorious x 2
Proving Grounds x 4
A Donation Of Wool x 1
Blueleaf Tubers x 2
Soup For The Soul x 2
Documenting The Timeways x 1
Kibler's Exotic Pets x 1

Mounts x 1
Invincible x1

Equipment x 2
Stormfury, Black Blade Of The Betrayer x 1
Spaulders Of Eternity x 1

Well what do you think?
Ghost

Re: My First Deck! Rogue

Unread post by Ghost » Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:48 am

It looks pretty unfocused to me. I think you need to decide on what your win condition is going to be and then focus the rest of your deck on making sure that strategy is as easy to pull off as possible. If you aren't sure how to do that it just means you need to play a lot more games. With experience playing the game and playing your decks you will start to figure out what I mean here. Most decks tend to be filled with mainly 4x of the cards they want, to maximize the chances of drawing your best cards, and they have very clear goals of how to win.

A deck that wants to go to Kel'thuzad will usually have defensive and card draw focused cards so as to guarantee you can get to that turn 10 alive and with 10 land in play.

A deck that wants to pull of "combo point" focused strategies will be filled with as many good "combo" and "finisher" cards as possible to maximize the ability to pull off those interactions.

A deck that wants to run efficient allies to take control of the board and overwhelm an opponent will be sure to have a solid curve of allies focused on how quickly they want to peak (is it rush, midrange, or late game focused?), and then have a selection of abilities and equipment to complement that strategy. Like a rush strategy would have a lot of low drop allies and burn spells to finish the opponent off. A midrange deck might focus more on slightly bigger allies and then use abilities to complement them so you don't get overrun before they can be played.

I would suggest thinking about how you want this deck to win each game, and then try to make sure all 60 cards work towards that goal. Throwing in random 1-ofs that don't fit your strategy is not usually a great idea when it comes to consistency. If you want to try winning in a different way, build a new deck that focuses on that goal.
Tech Wizard

Unread post by Tech Wizard » Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:06 pm

I'm quite familiar with how deck building works, trust me if I could have 4 each of the abilities I wanted I would but quite frankly it's a b!tch to get certain cards.
mudnet@hotmail.com

Unread post by mudnet@hotmail.com » Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:11 pm

Join us on steam tabletop simulator. Will test your deck out.
qqwwee1234

Unread post by qqwwee1234 » Fri Mar 04, 2016 8:41 am