Classic format "shadow hero required"

Stuck in the middle of a game, ask your question here, probably someone will be able to help.
raserei83
Classic format "shadow hero required"

Unread post by raserei83 » Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:02 pm

When playing in classic format : If I have an ability that says "shadow hero required" can I use one of the newer heroes that do not list specialization or must I go to the older sets for a hero that still says "shadow hero" in their title line?
duckwc

Re: Classic format "shadow hero required"

Unread post by duckwc » Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:51 am

Well, I can't go on the wowtcg site right now due to limitations at my customer's proxy, I'll check later.
I'd say that the new heros can be used with older "hero required" abilities as long as you respect the new rule of 1 talent only by deck. However, old heroes can only be used with the talent they are assigned to.
raserei83

Unread post by raserei83 » Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:00 pm

Ah, I was hoping that was the case, since the hero seemed "neutral" when it came to talents. I appreciate the info.
duckwc

Unread post by duckwc » Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:34 pm

If you decide to include any Talent cards in your deck, you’ll just have to stick to Talent cards of just that spec. Talents from previous sets are considered to have this text instead of their printed “(Talent) Hero Required” text. However, hero cards in previous sets with Talents printed on them still can include only that kind of Talent in their decks.
from http://www.wowtcg.com/articles/2011/03/ ... s-preamble

So yes, it's ok :)