Raid Bosses

Stuck in the middle of a game, ask your question here, probably someone will be able to help.
Sudain
Raid Bosses

Unread post by Sudain » Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:20 pm

I found Boundless Shadows for the priest, which if spammed in a long raid has the potential to remove the bosses entire ability deck from the game. Do you guys know if this is legal, or are bosses immune to this?
duckwc

Re: Raid Bosses

Unread post by duckwc » Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:42 am

I think it is legal. You however have to know that raid games are not that long, I don't think heroes could survive a lot more than 10/12 turns, so given the card, you'll only be able to use it something like 6 times max, which will empty the raid deck only if you are able to get it all the time (I doubt so).
More than this, it's not detailed in the new raid rules, but older raid heroes could only be defeated by fatal damage on the hero, emptying the deck had no effect and if done, deck will be rebuild by shuffeling graveyard into it.
In fact I have more concern about a card like xavalis, which could one shot the hero... but well nothing is written in it that would make this card illegal, so I guess it's legal, I don't know if there are complete rules for the raid decks.
Sudain

Unread post by Sudain » Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:50 pm

Ah thank you.

Yes, I'm thinking it may not kill the boss outright; but it may cripple his ability to play abilities(and wipe the board). Even if he shuffles his graveyard back into his deck it'll be greatly diminished.
duckwc

Unread post by duckwc » Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:05 pm

Sure it'll reduce it a bit, but the card itself is not that powerful against a raid heroes I think.
Test it and tell me :) You have to know that the basic raid hero (starting at lvl 1) is supposed to be played against class decks, so if you play against several constructed decks, if you want a fair match, start it lvl 2 :)