determining a marked hero in dungeon decks

Stuck in the middle of a game, ask your question here, probably someone will be able to help.
minalist
determining a marked hero in dungeon decks

Unread post by minalist » Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:36 pm

hello,

kind of a minute question but I was reading in the rulebook that the marked hero is determined by a roll. It doesn't get very specific and I was curious as to how the masses play it. The way it reads I assume each raider gets to roll a die (or 2). Do you guys determine the marked hero by the lowest or the highest roll? It vibes like it could be a house rule kind of thing but I just wanted to get some feedback before jumping into the portal.
duckwc

Re: determining a marked hero in dungeon decks

Unread post by duckwc » Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:17 pm

Hey,
mmh, this is a way of doing that. What I'm usually doing is choosing randomly someone on the table that rolls a die, then, each player is assigned a number (1-2 player1, 3-4 player 2 and 5-6 player 3) and the result of this single roll chooses the victim...
minalist

Unread post by minalist » Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:56 pm

nice. i dig that method and will probably implement it into my sessions. thanks for the reply.
I found this other idea elsewhere and wanted to share because its an interesting spin on the dungeons. it seems like it would work better with constructed decks but i like the concept. not sure how it would work in practice.

Begin Quote:
We played our first Dungeon Deck tonight, the Deadmines, and had our behinds handed to us by the Dungeon Hero. After the game, we decided we weren't crazy about the random die roll to determine the marked hero. It is too arbitrary and, since you don't roll dice for anything else in the game, kind of breaks up the flow of the game. So, being a player of also the on-line game with a game designing brain, I came up with an idea to have aggro in the card game work more like the MMO. Let me know what you think:
Each player tracks the total number of wounds they inflict on the Dungeon Hero and Allies (simply add up all the wounds you caused, at the end of your turn) and note the number (use beads, a die, whatever), this is your total aggro for the round.
At the beginning of the Dungeon Hero's turn, instead of rolling a die to determine the Marked Hero, the Marked Hero becomes the one with the greatest aggro.
Optionally, you can add a tanking ability, which is that before the Marked Hero is determined, any player may tap resources to increase their aggro number (i.e.: pull aggro) in order to pull the Dungeon Hero and Allies away from the squishy players.
End quote from some guy named Marc von Canal (swampfox01) <- wanted to give credit for the novel concept

Its a pretty interesting vibe but I'll most likely stick to the 1 die format. I felt like each raider rolling to decide the marked hero turned into a competition to not get chosen; and that took away from the co-op atmosphere. your method is as if the dungeon itself is rolling a single die and choosing its victim; which sounds much better to me. thanks again for the reply.
duckwc

Unread post by duckwc » Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:15 pm

This is my idea too for the 1 die roll, it removes the competition and it's more funny :), if you are chosen, you can accuse the one who rolled the die to always target you :p
The aggro thing is interresting. It may however include the heals to be perfectly right I guess. I'll try this on my next run, this could be quite funny to play like this.