Suggestions: AH Values, Champions, Excess

Post any question or suggestion related to Hex TCG here.
Loxus
Suggestions: AH Values, Champions, Excess

Unread post by Loxus » Sat May 14, 2016 4:08 pm

1. When listing card and equipment values from the auction house, could you please use the median value instead of average (like HexPrice does)? Right now if you sort my collection by platinum value, it shows Shield Bot in the first row, ahead of all my legendaries (except Symeon's Bounty), just because someone last month paid 800p for one.

2. Could you make a new tab at the very top of the page for Champions, since they're not really cards? Right now there are 46 "cards" with 0 attack and 10+ defense. Also, searching for "champion" only looks at the rule text, which gives many cards that are not champions but only 6 that are.

3. When viewing my cards or equip, can I have a filter to only show ones I have more than I can use? Right now I sort my collection by platinum, scan through to find items I have more than 4/1 of, go to HexPrice to get a more accurate value and see if any have actually sold recently, then go to the AH to see how many are currently for sale before deciding if I'm going to auction mine.

4. I'd also love to see what percentage of a card actually sells when listed at or below the median value, but I don't know if the API even supplies that info, and this feature would probably be more appropriate for HexPrice (though if you implement it I wouldn't need to go there anymore).
bogycoins

Re: Suggestions: AH Values, Champions, Excess

Unread post by bogycoins » Sat May 14, 2016 5:45 pm

Hi. Thanks for your suggestions.

1. Actually I'm not using the average, and neither HexPrice is using medians, but average of daily medians. I also record daily medians (the number displayed in the graph), but for card value I'm using a decaying system instead of a simple avg. Basically the most recent sales are weighted more than the ones from last week. Also, the system uses the last 7 days medians for this calculation, but if there are no sales in the last 7 days, then it goes back and take the last 7 transactions in the past 3 months. Shield Bot falls in this category, therefore this strange value. I should probably add some code to normalize the values for such outliers.

2. This is a nice idea, especially because we now have access to PVE champions as well (via SaveTalents and SaveDeck API messages) and they could be displayed as well. I'll add it to the TODO list.

3. You might want to use the Tradelist, which does exactly that, listing cards/equip that you have more then you need.

4. Let me see if I get this right. If a card has a value of 100p, and there were 10 sales, you want to see how many were sold at 100p or less?
Loxus

Unread post by Loxus » Sun May 15, 2016 2:03 am

bogycoins wrote: 4. Let me see if I get this right. If a card has a value of 100p, and there were 10 sales, you want to see how many were sold at 100p or less?
No, I want to see how many were listed at (or below) that price and did NOT sell. Look at Dire Toad, where there are over 300 currently listed at 10plat, but only two will sell each month.
bogycoins

Unread post by bogycoins » Sun May 15, 2016 8:47 am

That's not possible. We only receive the list of cards that are sold.