Ladder Tracker

All news related to tcgbrowser will be posted here
bogycoins
Ladder Tracker

Unread post by bogycoins » Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:00 pm

Are you one of those guys who likes to keep track of their matches?
Do you have an Excel or a Google sheet where you write down the decks you played?
Do you wish there was tool that would do that (and more) automatically?​

If you answered yes on all three questions (or at least the last), then I have some good news! I’d like to present you the newest addition to TCG Browser, the Ladder Tracker.

What does the tracker do?
This is a tool that allows you to track all your constructed matches, including opponents' decklists and your ladder rank. It also offers some statistics, such as the wins, losses, win rate, overall or per deck.

Where do I find it?
Open https://hex.tcgbrowser.com, go to Ladder Tracker menu and select Constructed. Or simply open this URL https://hex.tcgbrowser.com/#!/ladder-matches.

How do I use it?
There are two sections, Ladder Matches and Ladder Decks. The first one is basically a list with all your matches, showing the decks you've played, your opponents, opponent's decks and your rank at the conclusion of each match. You can click on a row, either on the left side to see your deck as it was at the time of the game, or on the right side to see your opponent's decklist.
​​

The Ladder Decks section is used for showing statistics for the decks you played in the ladder. This includes total wins, losses and win rates for each deck, and also a breakdown on each matchup and how you performed against that.
​​

What’s behind all this magic?
Well, its pretty straight forward. It uses both the server and the client APIs. The server API is used to collect detailed information about the match (decklists, score) and the client API sends the rest of the info, who played against who and the ladder rank. Combining the data I can identify what deck was played by the person with the client API enabled. Finally, I compare that deck with the synced decks of that person, to find which deck was used.

I want this! How do I set it up?
Create an account on https://hex.tcgbrowser.com if you don’t have one.

If you already have the client API enabled and use the option ‘All’ in the api.ini file, skip the next two paragraphs and read further.

If you use the API, but use other options than ‘All’ in the ini file, you need to include SaveDeck|Tournament|Ladder options.

If you don’t use the API, head over to https://hex.tcgbrowser.com/tools/sync/ and learn how to set it up. You can use either the default option ‘All’ (which syncs everything), or just SaveDeck|Tournament|Ladder if this tool is all what you’re interested in.

Once you have the API set up, open the game and save the deck you’re using in the ladder. This will trigger a deck sync and your deck should show up on the site, marked as synced.
​​​​​​
After that, you’re all set. Whenever you play a match, the site will be updated and you’ll see your last match first in the list.

So, thats pretty much it. I hope you'll enjoy this little tool and frees all that time spent on maintaining those spreadsheets :)

And as always, if you have any suggestion to improve this, find any bugs or have any questions, feel free to let me know, I'll try to assist as much as possible.
publicuser

Re: Ladder Tracker

Unread post by publicuser » Sat Oct 29, 2016 5:40 am

This is really a very nice and needed feature you have provided.
Thanks for the hard work and time you have spent building this. :)

On a side note,
1) The collection filter in the Shared Decks does not seem to work as intended, it currently displays all the decks.
2) The mercenary option in [Type] filter, does not list all the mercenaries in game.
Spitomeow

Unread post by Spitomeow » Sat Oct 29, 2016 8:33 am

Amazing stuff, nice job.
Lee

Unread post by Lee » Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:16 pm

Hi, thanks for the great work. Just want to check, is this correct?
|SaveDeck|Collection|Inventory|Tournament|Ladder
bogycoins

Unread post by bogycoins » Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:28 pm

publicuser wrote:This is really a very nice and needed feature you have provided.

On a side note,
1) The collection filter in the Shared Decks does not seem to work as intended, it currently displays all the decks.
2) The mercenary option in [Type] filter, does not list all the mercenaries in game.
Weird, the filter works fine for me...Did you set the slider to 0 and it displayed all decks?

I have all mercenaries in the DB, but they are not visible for now. I'm waiting for HXE to release the images and powers so I can actually show something else than their names :)
Lee wrote:Hi, thanks for the great work. Just want to check, is this correct?
|SaveDeck|Collection|Inventory|Tournament|Ladder
Yes, that should be fine.
publicuser

Unread post by publicuser » Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:23 pm

[quote="bogycoins"][quote="publicuser"]This is really a very nice and needed feature you have provided.

On a side note,
2) The mercenary option in [Type] filter, does not list all the mercenaries in game.[/quote]

Weird, the filter works fine for me...Did you set the slider to 0 and it displayed all decks?

I have all mercenaries in the DB, but they are not visible for now. I'm waiting for HXE to release the images and powers so I can actually show something else than their names :)

[quote="Lee"]Hi, thanks for the great work. Just want to check, is this correct?
|SaveDeck|Collection|Inventory|Tournament|Ladder[/quote]
Yes, that should be fine.[/quote]

It is now working as expected.