Collection Sync not working

Post any question or suggestion related to Hex TCG here.
OzymandiasDark
Re: Collection Sync not working

Unread post by OzymandiasDark » Sat Nov 28, 2015 10:14 pm

K, now it's working just fine again :D
bogycoins

Unread post by bogycoins » Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:57 am

I'm glad it works.

As for your question, deleting decks ingame will not delete them from the site.
Manxome_Foe

Unread post by Manxome_Foe » Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:44 pm

I realize this is an old thread, but it was still on the first page of the forum, so I did not want to start a new one with the same subject.

Much like the users who posted here last summer and fall, sync does not seem to be working for me. I'm running Hex on Windows 10. I've created the api.ini file (not .txt) and added the line:

http://hex.tcgbrowser.com:8080/sync?

Code: Select all

|All

(with my actual code in place of [code], of course.)

I also tried:

http://hex.tcgbrowser.com:8080/sync?[code]|SaveDeck|Collection|DraftPack|DraftCardPicked

I have logged in and out of the game multiple times, spent a few hours playing through campaign missions, loaded and saved several pvp decks.  I have tried launching the game normally, and launching HexPatch.exe and admin.

Nothing has shown up on tcgbrowser.com.  I have looked under both /cards and /decks, and tried logging out and back in multiple times. I even tried registering a new account on tcgbrowser.com and tried everything again with the new code for the new account.  Still no joy.

It has been less than a week since I first set up an account and tried to sync my collection.  As of right now, I am still not seeing any data from my Hex collection here on tcgbrowser.com.  I believe my first attempt would have been after the the patch on the 18th, but if there were an issue with the latest patch, I would expect other user to be reporting sync problems too - and I see nothing like that here.  This makes me think that I am overlooking something on my side, but I am not sure what.  Any ideas?
bogycoins

Unread post by bogycoins » Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:09 pm

Can you tell me on which accounts have you tried syncing? This user Maxome_Foe doesn't have a sync code. Have you tried generating a code for it?
Manxome_Foe

Unread post by Manxome_Foe » Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:37 pm

bogycoins wrote:Can you tell me on which accounts have you tried syncing? This user Maxome_Foe doesn't have a sync code. Have you tried generating a code for it?
bogycoins - Thanks for the quick reply!

This is odd. The second account (the one I was signed in to when I posted this) is Manxome_Foe. You missed an "n" when you wrote it, but I do not believe that was the issue.

When I am logged in as "Manxome_Foe", the sync tool page and the account info page both display "4cc574cdc8da2b49b46e9bed5255cece" as my code. What I did not realize until a few minutes ago is that the same code is displayed when I am logged in to my original account - username Jabberwock. Also, and more significantly, when I sign back in as Jabberwock now, my collection and saved decks do show up.

I suspect the issue is that the "logout" link on the site does not completely clear all cookie information, and when I requested a sync code as Manxome_Foe, the site still saw me as Jabberwock. I probably could have avoided this if I had manually cleared cookies when switching between accounts.

I thought that I had initially tried for a day or two while signed in as Jabberwock, without seeing my collection show up. However, my cards are showing up now (under Jabberwock), and maybe I gave it less time than I thought before switching to the second account. In any case, I will log out of this account and continue as Jabberwock instead - and let you know if I run into any more problems.

Thanks again - both for the help and for the site itself. This is a great tool, and I look forward to using it even more now that my cards are showing up!
OzymandiasDark

Unread post by OzymandiasDark » Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:46 am

Manxome, there is a cache issue with this page sometimes. If you experience this problem, completely close the page in your browser and call it again. That usually fixes this issue.
Brendon

Unread post by Brendon » Sat Feb 27, 2016 4:10 am

I just want to share a solution to a problem I had in case someone has the same issue.

I had a problem creating the .ini file as it would only save as a .txt file.
The issue was that file extensions were hidden in the folder and when i tried to save as .ini it saved as .txt(hidden).txt.

so: Folder Options > View > uncheck Hide extensions
OzymandiasDark

Unread post by OzymandiasDark » Sun Feb 28, 2016 7:47 am

In case you don't want to change your Explorer options, there is a way of keeping the Editor Notepad from secretly adding the .txt to your filename:

When saving the file, don't write

api.ini

only, since that will be considered just the name without extension when those are hidden, but instead write

"api.ini"

That way the editor knows that this is the desired COMPLETE file name and won't add an extension. :D
masterdebunker

Unread post by masterdebunker » Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:26 am

Hi,

I didn't want to start a new thread so I'm posting here.

I can't get the sync to work. Windows 10, Steam version.

I have the api.ini file with a correct code in the HEX folder but when I log in to tcgbrowser nothing shows up.
Oddwin

Unread post by Oddwin » Wed Jun 22, 2016 3:38 am

[SOLVED]

Well.. this is going to sound silly.. but you are probably NOT saving the file you created as an actual ".ini" file.

Doing it in notepad WON'T WORK. Use Notepad++

- Right click the file ad click "Edit with Notepad++"
- File > Save As
- Where is says "Save as type:" select MS INI FILE
- Click Save.