Excellent Website and New Feature Request

Post any question or suggestion related to Hex TCG here.
publicuser
Excellent Website and New Feature Request

Unread post by publicuser » Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:32 pm

Hi,

I apologize in advance for my English & grammar as it is not my first language.

I've been using your website (http://hex.tcgbrowser.com/) for some time now and it is very useful and convenient in sorting out my cards/deck collection. I appreciate the hard work, time and skills you have put into this excellent website and thank you for it.

To add more convenience in using your already excellent website, I would like to suggest more features to it, which is completely at your behest.

Providing themes for the website would be very well received.

Feature request for cards section:

1. Introduce a [Sub Type] Filter with the values below.
I would like this filter to work only on the Title and NOT on the Name/Description of the Card.

Abomination
Airship
Angel
Arborean
Bard
Beast
Bird
Blob
Bones
Caribaur
Chaostouched
Chest
Cleric
Concubunny
Construct
Coyotle
Cromag
Demon
Despair
Destruction
Dingler
Dinosaur
Dragon
Dwarf
Egg
Elder
Elemental
Elf
Engine
Enlightened
Factory
Fae
Faerie
Feet
Forge
Gargoyle
Ghoul
Giant
Gloves
Gnoll
Goblin
Great
Griffin
Hag
Harpy
Head
Hero
High
Hope
Horror
Human
Hydra
Iljuni
Illusion
Imp
Insect
Insight
Junk
Justice
King
Knight
Kraken
Lust
Mage
Malice
Manifestation
Manti
Might
Minotaur
Mutant
Necrotic
Nibblin
Ogre
Orc
Pegasus
Pet
Phoenix
Plans
Plant
Present
Prince
Princess
Queen
Ranger
Robot
Rogue
Salvation
Satyr
Sensei
Shapeshifter
Shin'hare
Shroomkin
Skeleton
Slave
Sphinx
Spider
Spirit
Squirrel
Standard
Stormling
Tentacle
Totem
Transcended
Trap
Trinity
Trinket
Troll
Undead
Unicorn
Unique
Vampire
Vennen
Voidtouched
Wall
Warlock
Warrior
Weapon
Wisdom
Witch
Wolf
Woolvir
Worm
Yeti
Zombie

2. Introduce a [Cards] Filter [Dropdown] and put the PVP [Checkbox] and PVE [Checkbox] filters as values in the dropdown. Add one more value [Banned] in it.
Hence the new [Cards] filter [dropdown] will have 3 values (PVP, PVE, Banned). I assume the "All" options are implicit for all the filters and hence will be available.
So far I'm aware that [Curse of Oblivion] and [Subtle Striker] are banned in PVE.
[Titania's Majesty] is banned in Constructed PVP. But still playable in limited any time you open one.
It will also be helpful if you could also display dangerously (should not go unnoticed) the Banned information in the card display mode.

3. Introduce [Socketable] Filter with (Minor, Major) values. I'm aware that, there is already the socketable keyword in the Keywords Filter, but still requesting this filter for convenience.

4. Update the [Collectible] Filter [Checkbox] to [Tokens] Filter [Dropdown] with (Yes, No) values. "Collectible" name is very confusing, "Tokens" are easy to understand.
The reason for introduction of the Tokens filter is because, currently I cannot view the Tokens only. All the other cards are also listed along it.

5. Update the [Released] Filter [Checkbox] to [Released] Filter [Dropdown] with (Yes, No) values.
Same reason as above.

6. I'm not sure how to achieve this, but still leaving it upto you. :P
Can you Update the Shard Filter to include a new option value of (Full Threshold).
Basically it should list cards with skills like [Sepulchra Bonewalker], [Forgotten Monarch], [Eye of Lixil], [Lixil, the Deathless Gem], etc...

7. I'm not very sure when the [AND | OR] operators are applied. But In some scenarios I would rather like to search for prismatic cards of Shard Types Blood & Diamond only.
But neither the Prismatic option works as it list all the other shards types along with it and nor does selecting the Blood & Diamond Values works as it also displays single Blood or single Diamond cards.
I hope you understand what I mean.
Currently when I select the Blood & Diamond values from the Shards Filter the [OR] operator is used, but I would like to use the [AND] operator in some cases. How to implement it is upto you. :)

8. Rename the Cost Filter to Threshold Filter.

9. Introduce a new Cost Filter that can filter based on Platinum or Gold Prices.

Feature request for decks section:

10. Introduce a new [Champions] Filter for Decks. The Values must be all the Champion's names. Also one additional value of (No Champion).

11. Introduce a new column Favourites in the (Shared/All) deck sections. It should dispay a heart icon in the row of a deck which I have already Favourited.
The ones that I haven't favourited should be blank.

12. Identify Rated decks in the (Shared/All) deck tabs while browsing. I think you could provide a green/red background/border for the row, I rated +/- respectively.

13. Notification if any favourite deck or rated deck is changed/updated. Would prefer the notification to be in the website/forum/PM itself and NOT in personal mail.

14. When I browse decks and see the missing cards section, It displays that AA cards are missing. Now I don't have AA cards, but I do have the Regular Art cards for it.
So could you include an option/setting to replace AA Cards in deck missing cards section with Regular cards. (Though I would like to have AAs but curretnly they are too costly to own.)

15. Introduce a new [Self Rated] Filter in the deck section. It should contain 3 values (Positive, Negative, Not Rated). I think this will work only when Logged in.

Bugs:

16. Tournament/Constructed decks are also displayed in shared decks section. Would be very nice to see only user shared decks in this section and not constructed decks.

17. Time Bug card doesn't show equipment details in the card display mode.

I apologize in advance for any inconvenience brought to you by this.
Everything mentioned above is only being presented for convenience purposes, and is solely up to you to decide/finalize its implementation.

Everyone please feel free to discuss/suggest improvements to these features.
bogycoins

Re: Excellent Website and New Feature Request

Unread post by bogycoins » Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:16 pm

That's quite the list there. Took some time to put it together I suspect :)

Thank you for compiling this very well written list, I appreciate you taking time for it. Let me guess, you're working in IT :)

You have some very good suggestions here, some easier to implement than others and some I know about. I'll try to go thru them and give you my opinion.

1. I'm not really sure what's the intention with this. I understand you want to search by traits only. That can be accomplished by having a checkbox similar with 'Name only'. Won't be easier to just write what you're looking for, rather than scrolling a huge list?

2. I agree with having Banned info on the card. Some red text or something should be good I think. Not so much with combining banned filter. PVE and PVP are quite useful, especially with the campaign release. I think it's better to have faster access to them. Maybe a separate banned checkbox...

3. This would be nice.

4. You can actually select the Tokens from Set filter. That filter is designated to specifically show only cards that you can add to your collection. Also, there are more cards that are not tokens and you can't collect, like AI cards.

5. I guess I could, but this filter is kinda temporary anyway. Once the Kickstarter cards are released, not much would be left unreleased.

6. Doable.

7. Usually there's an OR applied, some exception being race and class. For shards it makes sense to have an OR by default, you want to see all possible cards in the colors you select most of the time. For the case you described, I think would be best achieved by combining the Prismatic filter with whatever other colors. So when you want to search specific colors prismatic cards, you select the colors and also prismatic. I think it makes sense this way.

8-9. Or there could be a new filter named Price :)

10, 11, 12. Nice

13. Could be done. However, you need to stop the notifications from the control panel, not sure if I can send it only in PM.

14. I know this one. Should be in bug section. Intention was to ignore AA, same it does for card rating for example. Postponed it for quite a while...

15. This could also be interesting.

16. You're right.

17. Time Bug doesn't have equipment yet..

I hope I was clear in my response, English is also not my first language.

As you can imagine, these features will take some time and with PVE releasing tomorrow, I must confess they will take more than normally should :D Also my priority right now is to finish the talent trees. But rest assured that these improvements will be included in the site, eventually.

Oh and almost forgot. Having themes was something I thought about in the past. I wanted to change the skin for quite a while now. The problem is that my design abilities are quite lacking, so I don't adventure too much on that side.
publicuser

Unread post by publicuser » Tue Jan 26, 2016 7:47 am

Thanks for your quick response :)
I've provided my opinion to your response.
bogycoins wrote:That's quite the list there. Took some time to put it together I suspect :)
Yes, it definitely took me one day to write the features, and more than a week to gather/analyze these features. :)
bogycoins wrote:Thank you for compiling this very well written list, I appreciate you taking time for it. Let me guess, you're working in IT :)
Yes, I'm a Software Engineer myself having more than 12 years of experience, currently working in .net technologies.
bogycoins wrote:You have some very good suggestions here, some easier to implement than others and some I know about. I'll try to go thru them and give you my opinion.
I appreciate your opinion.
bogycoins wrote:1. I'm not really sure what's the intention with this. I understand you want to search by traits only. That can be accomplished by having a checkbox similar with 'Name only'. Won't be easier to just write what you're looking for, rather than scrolling a huge list?
Yes that would also be nice, but every feature has its own pros & cons, which some of it; I have listed below as per my opinion:
"Trait" [Checkbox]
Pros:
Simpler to implement.
Extendable with new traits.

Cons:
Must know the specific trait to search. (Not always the case.)
Many users won't be sure which text the search is referring to initially.
Spelling mistakes will occur and similar scenarios.
Not sure, but I think this will limit multiple sub type searches and produce inaccurate results.
UI will be a bit messier.

[Sub Type] Filter [DropDown]
Pros:
Full View of all the traits in the System.
User friendly UI design as it will be very familiar like other filters, as well complement other filters as well.
No Spelling mistakes scenarios.
Multiple trait selection will be accurate.

Cons:
Hugh List to scroll through. (But a sorted list reduces the pain).
In case of new traits the list needs to be updated manually. (Only with a new set release which is not regular)

Personally, I would prefer the [Sub Type] Filter [DropDown]; but feel free to implement it however you want.
bogycoins wrote:2. I agree with having Banned info on the card. Some red text or something should be good I think. Not so much with combining banned filter. PVE and PVP are quite useful, especially with the campaign release. I think it's better to have faster access to them. Maybe a separate banned checkbox...
It was just a suggestion for UI consistency and familiarity with a cleaner UI. Implement it the way you see fit.
bogycoins wrote:3. This would be nice.
I also think the same.
bogycoins wrote:4. You can actually select the Tokens from Set filter. That filter is designated to specifically show only cards that you can add to your collection. Also, there are more cards that are not tokens and you can't
collect, like AI cards.
Ok, just realized it is there in the [Set] Filter, and works as expected. Hence I don't think there is any need to create the [Tokens] filter anymore. The [Collectible] Filter [checkbox] was creating some confusion for me. I think
if the tooltip is updated with a detailed message it will be helpful. I've provided a tool tip message below, but feel free to update/include anything as per your knowledge.

Tool Tip:
This filter is designated to specifically show only cards that you can added to your collection. Cards like Tokens and AI only cards are excluded. You can view the Tokens and AI only cards in the [Set] Filter below.
bogycoins wrote:5. I guess I could, but this filter is kinda temporary anyway. Once the Kickstarter cards are released, not much would be left unreleased.
This suggestion was to presented so that I could see the unreleased cards; but since its temporary then its fine. Actually I was of the intention that spoilers of new sets were also in this (unreleased) category.
bogycoins wrote:6. Doable.
Great, nice to hear it. Achieving this will be very helpful, but the challenges you'll face while implementing it will be tough.
bogycoins wrote:7. Usually there's an OR applied, some exception being race and class. For shards it makes sense to have an OR by default, you want to see all possible cards in the colors you select most of the time. For the case you described, I think would be best achieved by combining the Prismatic filter with whatever other colors. So when you want to search specific colors prismatic cards, you select the colors and also prismatic. I think it makes sense this way.
Currently the list of (Collectible) Prismatic cards are very less (26). But when this list will grow in the future it will be a hassle to filter out these cards. Currently Blood Shard, Diamond Shard & Prismatic Cards lists (364) cards which is a huge list. Narrowing down the result is not very easy either, hence had suggested the [AND | OR] operators. But we can leave it for now till some easier way is found to implement it.
bogycoins wrote:8-9. Or there could be a new filter named Price :)
This is a definitely a much better idea. Go with Price. But still would suggest to rename the [Cost] filter to [Threshold] filter to avoid confusion.
bogycoins wrote:10, 11, 12. Nice
Just some QOL (Quality of Life) suggestions.
bogycoins wrote:13. Could be done. However, you need to stop the notifications from the control panel, not sure if I can send it only in PM.
Just find the most easiest way to achieve it.
bogycoins wrote:14. I know this one. Should be in bug section. Intention was to ignore AA, same it does for card rating for example. Postponed it for quite a while...
OK, implement it whenever you have time for it.
bogycoins wrote:15. This could also be interesting.
It sure will.
bogycoins wrote: 16. You're right.
Please fix it.
bogycoins wrote: 17. Time Bug doesn't have equipment yet.
Can we have an [UnReleased] Filter in the Equipment Section. LOL
bogycoins wrote: I hope I was clear in my response, English is also not my first language.
Absolutely clear sir.
bogycoins wrote:As you can imagine, these features will take some time and with PVE releasing tomorrow, I must confess they will take more than normally should :D Also my priority right now is to finish the talent trees. But rest assured that these improvements will be included in the site, eventually.
Yes, I understand you have your priorities set. I will patiently wait for these features.
bogycoins wrote:Oh and almost forgot. Having themes was something I thought about in the past. I wanted to change the skin for quite a while now. The problem is that my design abilities are quite lacking, so I don't adventure too much on that side.
No problem.
bogycoins

Unread post by bogycoins » Fri Feb 12, 2016 12:37 pm

1, 10, 11, 14, 16 are now done.
publicuser

Unread post by publicuser » Sun Feb 14, 2016 7:24 am

bogycoins wrote:1, 10, 11, 14, 16 are now done.
Thanks for the efforts you put into developing these features.

And I really appreciate the wonderful job you are doing.
bogycoins

Unread post by bogycoins » Mon Feb 29, 2016 3:20 pm

2,3 done.
publicuser

Unread post by publicuser » Tue May 03, 2016 4:11 pm

Hi bogy,

I'm still using your excellent website. :D

Would request for a few updates.

* The card Closed Coffins is banned in Campaign and Frost Ring Arena play. I think this should be included in the Banned Cards.

* The AI only cards are now showing up in the Cards Wishlist. Even after checking the Collectible filter it is still visible. I think this is a bug.

* I think the cards [Priestess of Light], [Wool'vir Baa'serker], [Ghost Sentinel] are not Released yet. Can this be marked as not released?

* In the Decks section the Champion filter has grown tremendously. Can we divide this filter in to 2 filters?
I would suggest divide it into [Champion] and [Campaign Champion]. It is entirely up to you to decide how to implement it.

Thanks for the efforts you have put in to build and maintain this website.
bogycoins

Unread post by bogycoins » Tue May 03, 2016 8:04 pm

Hey! I'm glad to hear that.

I know there are still things left to do, but sadly I didn't have much time for them, although I've been busy lately with improving the API Sync, there were some issues I found after the flood gate opened :)

Thanks for letting me know about these issues. They should all be fixed.

The PVE champions were not supposed to appear in the list, at least not for now.