[Animality] ~Worldbreaker Block

You have a deck under construction, but you don't know which quest would be the best, ask here!
Zeljurik
[Animality] ~Worldbreaker Block

Unread post by Zeljurik » Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:30 pm

//Let me start by saying I have never attempted to build a deck before, as such, this will be my first.//

tl:dr VERSION: (Short Version below...)

Totally new to the game, I would like to bounce some ideas off of you guys! I just recently took an interest in the WoW TCG. I have played the MMO for years, however, I am now bored with the endgame content and looking for something new. That being said, I am not in any way, shape, or form new to strategic world of TCG's. I have played many others to include: MTG, Pokemon(LOL), Yu-Gi-Oh, Duel Masters, and my personal favorite DBZ/GT. This TCG is it's own beast all together, and that is why I am interested. I wasn't sure how to start so I ordered the following:

2011 Class Starter (All 10), 1x Worldbreaker Epic Kit, 1x Worldbreaker Booster Box, 1x War of the Elements Epic Kit, and 1x War of the Elements Booster Box.

Now to the meat and potatoes. Deck building.

SHORT VERSION:

Here is a draft/outline for the deck I would like to build. NOTE: No card names listed, just the amount per type I wish to include.

Class: Hunter
Deck Strat: Ally Killa, Rush...? I don't quite know yet.

Hero x1
Abilities x20~30
Allies x10~15
Armor x1~5
Quests x15~20
Weapons x1~5

These numbers are nowhere NEAR accurate, but, as I am new to Deck Building I would just like a grasp on what I'm getting into. I would like to keep the deck at the minimum (60). As far as I can tell, the Worldbreaker Block offers Hunters an opportunity to shine. I have read many blogs on the topic and am determined to make a Hunter deck using only the Worldbreaker Block. I understand it is probably not the best thing to do for a first deck... but... Challenge Accepted.

Please let me know where my numbers need to be adjusted, as I am currently in the dark here. Thanks guys!

-Zeljurik
-Zeljurik
hairpuff

Re: [Animality] ~Worldbreaker Block

Unread post by hairpuff » Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:19 pm

I think you're doing pretty good with numbers, to be honest...

It depends on whether you want to run a rush deck, or control deck.

You DEF want 15x quests (1 in 4 cards will be a quest)
make sure most give you cards (some quests let you do other things)
If some quests don't allow you to draw cards, I would look at some allies that allow you to draw cards.

The rest of your deck will be allies/abilities/equipment.

If you want a tourney-comepetitive deck, make sure you have cards that slow down your opponant:
-hinder ability to attack
-remove destroy equipment/ability/resource/discard

So after the 15 quests, you'll have about
15-30 allies
15-30 abilities
15-30 equipment
Build your deck to work out a specific attack (combos help)

weapon decks are cool, especially with abilities & allies that buff them.

Mage & warlock decks have alot of nice abilites to work with.

I hope this helps some.
MadPretty

Unread post by MadPretty » Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:32 pm

Another note is that your hero will have a pretty profound effect upon your deck based on its ability.
Some heros are built for control, and other are built to be solo monsters.
15-20 quests is standard for just about any deck. Not only do you want card drawing quests, but be sure to get some quests that will allow you to reclaim discarded cards.
Good luck and can't wait to see the deck list.
Zeljurik

Unread post by Zeljurik » Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:38 pm

Thanks for all the support and information!! I have come far in the past week as far as research and overall knowledge. I'm working on the Deck now :) Can't wait to get the list up to you guys. Thanks again.

EDIT: I'm afraid this deck has been put on hold for my new prototype, [Vortex]! Take a look and tell me what you think? :)
-Zeljurik