Ability heavy deck

You have a deck under construction, but you don't know which quest would be the best, ask here!
HulkxRt
Ability heavy deck

Unread post by HulkxRt » Mon May 20, 2013 8:04 pm

I just started looking into the wow tcg and I am very interested in getting started in casual formats then branching off to tournament play if I can find a place to play, but do ability heavy decks work? And is there a way for me to buy cards off of tcgbrowser? (I'm pretty new to buying things online) Any help will be appreciated.
Chaosghoul

Re: Ability heavy deck

Unread post by Chaosghoul » Fri May 24, 2013 12:00 pm

First of all:
Yes, they do work,
BUT
I highly recommend using a mage hero, as the damage from these decks comes from your abilities and if you don't draw enough cards, your damage will drop very fast and you'll end up playing the card you draw and then ending your turn which can be very frustrating, especially, when you draw a quest or location.

What works best for me is:
Mage Hero
4x Infinite Brilliane
4x Arcane Research
2-4x Mana Sapphire

A Deck I built and that works very well is this one:
Mage Multitarget
Note: This Deck is an Anti-Ally Deck I play in Raids and in Teammatches. It was designed without any Tournament restrictions, so you might have to check that.

A second Deck that is currently under construction is:
Mage Singletarget
Note: This Deck was also built with no restritions. Plus: Arcane Mage can be quite unfair, just kick some of the Abilities out and add some Counters and the game will get very boring after you play Slow and constantly counter that one card your opponent is playing.

-------------------

I order my cards at Tcgmarket as I am from and currently living in Germany this site is my number one source of cards.
You could also check ebay, some folks are selling their cards there
duckwc

Unread post by duckwc » Fri May 24, 2013 9:24 pm

Hey, concerning card buys, tcgbrowser does not sell any.
I can only recommend you tcgmarket too (if you live in Europe), which I'm very happy with, otherwise, you can check some other more "conventional" shops like the metamart or ccgcastle
Killax

Unread post by Killax » Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:37 am

Good allround advice! I can also add that depending on the format there are some other heavy ability decks who also work really well. Classic Rogue for example.

Cheers,