Deck post-rotation Aftermath Block - Newbie

You have a deck under construction, but you don't know which quest would be the best, ask here!
Bazz91
Deck post-rotation Aftermath Block - Newbie

Unread post by Bazz91 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:28 am

Hi guys!
I'm a newbie in WoW tcg. From some months, like three or four, I've been playing this game with a Mage Deck (cheap-one), and i'm taking a lot of fun from it :D (although I lose almost all the matches xD)

Now, my friends told me that, in October, the 6th block "Aftermath" rotates out... and my deck with it :\
So... any advice for a newbie? What deck can i take? I'm interesting in druid, but i'm not sure... someone can help me? :)

PS: sorry for my BAD English
§* Spiritus intus alit *§
Killax

Re: Deck post-rotation Aftermath Block - Newbie

Unread post by Killax » Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:48 pm

Hey, welcome to the game!

Im happy to read your having fun with the game. Rotation happens and while you could go and play other formats where your deck would still be legal an Core format is nice to.

I think the best advice I can give is to decide wether you want to play competative or not. I could give you some examples of tournament lists but bear in mind that the game can get quite expensive that way. If you would like to keep it casual just go with Druid.
Bazz91

Unread post by Bazz91 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:18 pm

Thank you to responding to me, Killax :)

For now, I want to play Core... as a newbie, I think it's the best option, along with Lazy Peon... maybe xD

My way to play is "FUN > COMPETITION", although lose every single match is... discouraging xD
So I'm looking for a decklist that let me win some matches (my friends have PRO-decks and experience) and that allow me to have fun at the same time.
My Mage deck is fun, but now rotates out and now I want to build something with 7th block, in order not to change anything in the immediate future...
Any ideas?

Thank you for your patience :D
Killax

Unread post by Killax » Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:45 pm

Hey, okay nice way to start! I just hope you have the budget to compete with your friend their "Pro-decks"
First of all the next season still has to start so here are my ideas based on current knowledge.

Hunter always is a good choice and has preformed really well last season. I would like to advise you to go that route.
It's a ally based deck that puts on the pressure and has the most allround awnsers in most cases. Again it's heavy ally based but then again so is the Core format.

Cards who will become staples for hunters (if they arnt allready)
Legacy of the Legion
Piercing Shots/Beast Mastery
Lord Kur'talos
Archdruid Fandral
Stormwind Summoner

Hope you allready decided if you are willing to dirft away from Mage and know if you want to be Horde/Allience/Monster.

Let me know your current card interests.

Cheers,
Bazz91

Unread post by Bazz91 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:49 pm

Hi again all, and Killax, after all this time :)
I'm so sorry, but I couldn't login into tcgbrowser for all this time because I was too busy with university, with exams and all the other things... I apologize.

Within this time, though, I was able to decide which deck I could build (and buy x°D), since I've been able to test it ("proxying" all the cards).

I've chosen a Tauren Druid Deck composed this way:

Hero: Hamuul Runetotem

3 Jumahko Thundersky
3 Tauren Mystic
4 Kahul the Sunseer
3 Watsun, Timewalker
2 High Chieftain Cairne Bloodhoof
Allies---------------------------------

4 Thorns of Nordrassil
4 Ancient Moonkin Form
3 Entangling Roots
3 Moonshard
4 Living Seed
2 Bad Seed
2 Innervate
4 Snare from Beyond
4 Lunar Barrage
2 Nurture
Abilities-------------------------------

3 Glyph of Omniscience
Equipment--------------------------------

3 Zin-Azshari
Location---------------------------------

3 Mystery Goo
3 Terror of the Tides
1 Medivh's Journal
Quest------------------------------------

It's a bit expensive for me, but it's ok... i can manage it.
I like Taurens, i like the "tribe" ability and the Druid can damage enemy and heal himself at the same time, and also block the enemy (then, Lunar Barrage as finisher)...

Any advice?
Thank you for your patience :D