Demon Portal/Ping (Core)

You have a deck under construction, but you don't know which quest would be the best, ask here!
xswiftsilencex
Demon Portal/Ping (Core)

Unread post by xswiftsilencex » Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:35 pm

Been playing this deck in tournaments. Started out as pure portal with warp cards, but modified it to allow for multiple responses to different scenarios. Works very well with quick damage and drop monsters. Also have the ratios almost even, but it's hard to level out everything.

Hero
Archimonde the Defiler

Ally (31)
Azzinoth x2
Bazul, Herald of the Fel x4
Doom Commander Zaakuul x4
Jadefire Scout x4
Karazhan Concubine x3
Thoglos x4
Varimathras, Dreadlord Insurgent x4
Voidshrieker x4
Zhar'doom x2

Ability (18)
Banish Soul x4
Demonic Torrent x2
Drain Soul x2
Legacy of Betrayal x2
Life Tap x4
Nether Rip x4

Equipment (171)
Bottled Void x3

Quest (8)
If You're Not Against Us... x4
Seeds of Their Demise x4

Total cards: 60
Last edited by xswiftsilencex on Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
xswiftsilencex

Re: Demon Portal/Ping

Unread post by xswiftsilencex » Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:44 pm

I'm thinking of adding a couple of Nightfalls and Fel Drakes into the deck, I just haven't decided what to trade out for them. I know I want at least 2 of each, don't need to over do it.

Reasoning for Fel Drake: Situational, not going to hold onto the Fel Drake if I draw it, unless of course I have a quest with it. More of an opening move that I'm not relying to heavily on. If I get it great, if I don't, not too detrimental.

Reasoning for NIghtfall: Fits along with the quick damage. I've noticed, through my games, that I'm at least drawing 2-4+ extra cards per game, so I have the resources to get a good hit in. Also, say I don't draw any extra cards, I'm still going to at least deal 5 damage (minimum) since I'll only ever drop 5 resources. Again, situational, but fits the bill.