Multiple attackers?

Stuck in the middle of a game, ask your question here, probably someone will be able to help.
Aggro
Multiple attackers?

Unread post by Aggro » Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:33 pm

Hi everybody,

me and some friends found ours old WoW TCG cards in the basement and wanted to play like the good old times.

I have a question that may sound stupid but I don't know how to solve.
I use Turov the Risen that can play mage abilities. My question is: how does blink work?
In the official rulebook clearly states that an attack consists in 1 attacker and 1 defender, so why does blink states "remove all attackers"?
Same thing for the hunter's Frost Trap.

My guess was that the effect of the card works for all the turn and so, the hero can be attacked but every time the attacker is removed from combat in the turn blink was played. I don't know if this interpretation is correct, though.

Can someone explain me this multiple attackers stuff, please? :)
Spass

Re: Multiple attackers?

Unread post by Spass » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:50 am

Hello Aggro. Well, there's no such thing as multiple attackers as far as I know, so I'm not sure why there's "attackers" printed on Blink (but I'll try to investigate on that topic, I'll let you know). But it just means to remove a character that is attacking your hero from combat. And only that combat, your hero can still be attacked this turn by other characters.

You can see FAQ/Errata here - http://www.wowcards.info/card/azeroth/en/48/Blink
Blink can be played outside of combat. Each combat can have no more than one attacker.

I hope that helps.
Aggro

Unread post by Aggro » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:04 am

Ok, thanks a lot for the answer.
I thought is was a bad print, but then i found Frost Trap, Escape Artist and Vanish, all of those with "attackers". I didn't know what to think ahah.
Each of them has the same errata, so maybe the producer had the idea to implement multiple attackers but it didn't get to the end.
Spass

Unread post by Spass » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:50 am

Yeah, seems like it was just a "future proofing" for some new potential interactions, which finally never landed in the game.

EDIT: It's confirmed by a judge on WoW TCG Discord channel.