Cards entering play, played and put to play

Stuck in the middle of a game, ask your question here, probably someone will be able to help.
Shadehealer
Cards entering play, played and put to play

Unread post by Shadehealer » Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:03 pm

Hello!

If I use Soulstone on Outrider Zerg, and Zerg dies after attacking, it gets revived. Now... can it attack again? Will it die again as it's dealt no damage? Also does it count as entering play when it gets revived?

Another question is about playing cards: Do I get an Eye of the Storm counter for playing a card if it is interrupted?

Thank you in advance!

Edit: Also a druid ability "Primal Madness" says it gives you a form, but which form is it?
Shadehealer

Re: Cards entering play, played and put to play

Unread post by Shadehealer » Tue Dec 15, 2015 11:58 pm

Okay somehow I figured out the questions. Yes, I can attack again. And it counts as entering play.

I do get counters even with interrupted cards.

Primal madness: I get a form, but it's neither bear nor cat form. If a card requires a form, I can use it. But if a card wants a specific form, then I cannot use it.
Spass

Unread post by Spass » Wed Dec 16, 2015 7:28 am

Shadehealer wrote:I do get counters even with interrupted cards.
Are you sure about that? I also have Eye of the Storm in one of my decks. WoW TCG CR v7.4 reads:

Interrupt: A link that is interrupted gets removed from the chain and does nothing. If that
link is a card, it’s put into its owner's graveyard. If a link is interrupted, the entire text of the link is interrupted. Interrupted links don’t create modifiers, put cards into play, or affect the game in any way.

Edit: OK, I think now I know why the counter is added nonetheless.

Play: To play a card is to add it to the chain from another zone.
Thalvin

Unread post by Thalvin » Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:25 pm

Hey there!

Because Outrider Zarg has Ferocity, you would be able to attack twice in a turn under those circumstances, and it does count as entering play a second time.

As far as Primal Madness, you are correct that it is considered a form, but not a specific form (IE cat, bear, etc.), and how it would work with cards that require forms or specific forms.

EDIT:
I actually ended up finding a rule that does state that if you successfully add a link, modifiers based on playing cards DO trigger, which would mean that even if a card is interrupted things based on PLAYING a card would still trigger.

701.f / After the above steps are completed (successfully adding a link to the chain), the link becomes added, triggering any applicable powers or modifiers that trigger off a card being played, a power being used, a quest being completed, or a target becoming targeted. Then, if the link is anything other than a triggered effect, you get priority.