Magic Workstation Files

Do you play with Magic Workstation, OCTGN, another online tool, talk about it here... And find players to challenge!
duckwc
Magic Workstation Files

Unread post by duckwc » Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:03 pm

As you may (or may not) have seen on the site, you can download some files required by MWS to intialize it's database with the correct cards.

In this topic, I'll explain for those who don't know what are the provided files and how to use them and for the others, they will be able to find here direct links to get the files.

1- The install dir: all the files you'll download have to be copied into some folders of the install dir. This directory is in most cases C:\Program Files\Magic Workstation or C:\Program Files (x86)\Magic Workstation

2- Sets.dat: this file contains information on all the sets loaded into Magic Workstation, this is basically a link between a Set Name (Heroes of Azeroth) and it's set code (HOA).
It should be copied in the Data folder of the install dir.
You can download it here

3- Databases: These files are the list of all cards that can be used to create decks. These files only contains card names and basic information but not all details/pictures associated with the card.
The file could be anywhere on your disk, you will have to pick it as default masterbase from the file menu.
You can download the following databases: Complete and Core.

4- Sets: These files contain all details for cards withing a given set. These set files are linked with the masterbase to provide a complete and detailed list of all the cards.
The files should be copied on the Custom Sets folder in the MWS install dir. These files are quite big since they contain all information from the cards including their picture.
You can download all the sets from below:

Main Editions:
Heroes of Azeroth
Through the Dark Portal
Fires of Outland
March of the Legion
Servants of the Betrayer
the Hunt for Illidan
Drums of War
Blood of the Gladiators
Fields of Honor
Scourgewar
Wrathgate
Icecrown
Worldbreaker
War of the Elements
Twilight of the Dragons
Throne of the Tides
Crafting
Crafted 2 first blocks
Craft Drums of War
Craft Fields of Honor
Craft Scourgewar
Craft Wrathgate
Craft Icecrown
Craft Worldbreaker
Craft War of the Elements
Badge of Justice
Badge 3 first blocks
Badge Scourgewar
Badge Wrathgate
Badge Icecrown
Badge Worldbreaker
Badge War of the Elements
Raid Treasure Cards
Onyxia's Lair
Molten Core
Magtheridon's Lair
Black Temple
Naxxramas
Assault on Icecrown Citadel
Special Editions
Feast of Winterveil
Darkmoon Faire
Arena Grand Melee
Death Knight Starter
Class Deck 2010
Class Deck 2011
Promo cards
Blizzcon
Burning Crusade
Wrath of the Lich King
Cataclysm
Holiday Events

Ok, I think I'm done here.
Of course, if you see any error on those files, don't hesitate to post, we will correct them as quick as possible
kaalnorth

Re: Magic Workstation Files

Unread post by kaalnorth » Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:05 pm

the arena grand melee link is just a png image.
bogycoins

Unread post by bogycoins » Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:41 am

Fixed ;)
kaalnorth

Unread post by kaalnorth » Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:41 pm

Any chance of a throne of tides update?
and
A rar/zip of all those sets to download at once?
duckwc

Unread post by duckwc » Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:27 pm

Hey, sorry for the delay for the Throne of the Tides set.
It's now up. Don't forget to downlad the last version of the Sets.dat and Complete Database (I have no time to reedit the Core database right now)
For the unique file, we have already thought about this, but it'd take too much space on the server for only little gain. Just use alt click when you download to start all the download at once. If we make a single file, it'd anyway contain all the separated sets
ActiveNick

Unread post by ActiveNick » Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:50 pm

I'm trying to export a deck that contains the Scimitar of the Sirocco and the Horseman's Horrific Helm, but I'm getting errors on the import. Seems the set code on the Scimitar export is not the same. I can add it manually.

But i cannot find the Horseman,s helm anywhere in MWS, even though I did download the latest sets.dat, the complete database and the HOL.mwSet
ActiveNick

Unread post by ActiveNick » Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:55 pm

Following-up on this, I can find Krazal, Kwee, and the Red Rider Air Rifle in the MWS master database, so the HOL.mwSet is indeed loading properly. However, I cannot find the Searing Scorchling, Swift Brewfest Ram and Horseman's Horrific Helm.

Is it possible your HOL file is an older one and it was never rebuilt?
ActiveNick

Unread post by ActiveNick » Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:14 pm

I'm having the same problem with more crafted/badge cards: Violet Protodrake, Snaggle, Bedrock Talisman, etc.
duckwc

Unread post by duckwc » Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:39 am

Hi, sorry for this, but the mws files are a bit outdated.
I'll try to fix them as soon as I can. And thanks for the info
ActiveNick

Unread post by ActiveNick » Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:21 pm

You know, TinyTode maintains a set of MWS files for WoW TCG at http://mws.infogathering.com/, and since he links to them on the WoW TCG forums, I think this is the version most of us use. The problem is the two of you do not use the same conventions for set codes (e.g. ELE vs WOE), which means, your site exports do not work with his MWS set files.

I switched to your MWS set files because I prefer your site for Deckbuilding, but having to edit export files was annoying. It would be great if you guys could sync-up to make sure you all used the same set codes for all your exports and set files.