AH "My alerts" question

Post any question or suggestion related to Hex TCG here.
Spitomeow
AH "My alerts" question

Unread post by Spitomeow » Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:14 pm

So, how exactly does "My Alerts" actualy WORK? I must be blind, since I can't find the relevant forum post guide.

And since we're on the subject, "All Alerts"? Why is this a thing? I understand people making a list to get a pop-up when something they're looking for is posted at the price they set it (if that's the idea behind AH alerts, if it is it hasn't worked for me even when I did log in and find one of my set alerts being posted) but what the heck does "All Alerts" even do? Does it alert for every card posted? Does it combine alerts from every hex.tcgbroweer user?
bogycoins

Re: AH "My alerts" question

Unread post by bogycoins » Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:02 pm

My Alerts works as you would expect to. You create an alert for an item setting a certain threshold and if the item is posted in AH with a value lower then the threshold set, you will receive an email. Now, I see you have a hotmail email. For some reason hotmail rejects the emails from tcgbrowser, not sure if they go in trash/spam or they're rejected completely though. There were users before complaining they don't receive emails when they reset their password for example and they all had hotmail emails. You could try to use another email and see if it works.

As for All Alerts, it was suggested by a user (https://forum.tcgbrowser.com/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=1017). Basically it displays all alerts set on the site by all users and its purpose is to help you sell things faster. For example you see an alert for card X with 2000p. If you're willing to sell that card for that price (lets say it normally sells for 2500+) you're almost sure to have a buyer.
Spitomeow

Re: AH "My alerts" question

Unread post by Spitomeow » Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:36 pm

I appreciate the immediate response.

Honestly, I was expecting the "pop-up when you log in and an alert has gone off" approach, but I can see why emails is prefered (thought it'd be much better if the game allowed AH access without having to log in).

I didn't think of "All Alerts" as an "Asking" system because, in my opinion, it only works if something has no presence in the AH. People will use the "My Alerts" feature to look for cheap items, but since not every Hex player uses it and since not everyone is content to just sit and wait, the high AH listings will be bought. The Hex playerbase (and I doubt if there's any gaming community with such cohesion) will never gather and unanimously boycott high prices in order to drive the market downwards.