Cut Spikes

Post any question or suggestion related to Hex TCG here.
1moreindakitchen
Cut Spikes

Unread post by 1moreindakitchen » Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:21 am

I've noticed that a lot of low value cards were sold for insane prices after the release of set 6. Either many people were tricked to buy commons at 3000 plat, there was some bug or someone cheated systematically.

It seems not to be many sells per card. Could a number of spikes be cut for the calculation of the card values?
dmantle

Re: Cut Spikes

Unread post by dmantle » Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:07 am

Yeah, would be nice to see that fixed. I have a 10,000 plat Effigy of Nulzaan in my set right now, lol.

Maybe a need to shave the highest/lowest transaction value or something?

My guess is that people are putting commons up on the hall at insane prices as a weird way of moving plat around between accounts?
Stinkfist

Unread post by Stinkfist » Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:05 pm

I agree.

I am seeing a lot over crazily overvalued commons: Effigy of Nulzann, Kraken Guard Seapriest, Verdict of the Ancient Kings, Baa'tle Master, Glimmerglen Witch, Sentry of Nulzann etc

Rather than adjust for spikes, can we just set commons to the lowest value or 0? For all intents and purposes they are mainly worthless.

**update, I just checked uncommons as well and i see a bunch of them with insane prices as well. going forward I am just gonna filter by rare and up to get an idea of value if i want it.**
bogycoins

Unread post by bogycoins » Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:55 pm

I'm aware of the spikes and the inconvenience these cause and I'll implement something to fix it, I just need to find some time for this (set 6 and all :P )
bogycoins

Unread post by bogycoins » Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:58 am

The prices are now fixed. I've changed the method that calculate averages to exclude outliers. Please let me know if you notice some strange pricing on other cards.
Stinkfist

Unread post by Stinkfist » Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:20 pm

Awesome! Thanks for taking care of this and just generally providing us with this site.

You're Swell!!! :D
1moreindakitchen

Unread post by 1moreindakitchen » Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:37 pm

Looks way better now.
Noticed some cards where 10->111 scam was going on and still is. But I guess you can't fix all of HEX faults :D